This report, released by Afterschool Alliance in partnership with MetLife Foundation, highlights the work of quality afterschool programs that support children, families and communities across the nation.
This compendium is a compilation of four issue briefs examining critical issues facing middle school youth and the vital role afterschool programs play in addressing these issues. This series explores afterschool and: arts enrichment, parent engagement, school improvement and digital learning. The compendium also includes in-depth profiles of the 2012 Afterschool Innovator Award winners, as well as highlights from 2008-2011 award winners.
The 2012 MetLife Foundation Afterschool Award winners are:
- The Wooden Floor, Santa Ana, CA
- Latino Arts Strings & Mariachi Juvenil, Milwaukee, WI
- Kid Power Inc., The VeggieTime Project, Washington, D.C.
- Parma Learning Center, Parma, ID
- Green Energy Technologies in the City, Lansing, MI