Texas is beginning to fall behind when it comes to student success and job-readiness. Quality child care can improveboth outcomes, yet our state is currently lacking in access to quality child care. This can put the Texas economic miraclein peril. Building on current efforts across the state, Texas can pave the way for success in the 21st century by making strategic investments to:
- Increase the number of child care providers certified quality throughTexas Rising Star.
- Build a path toward school-readiness.
- Ensure that child care teachers are adequately trained andcompensated.
- Know the cost for quality child care and reimburse accordingly.
- Make child care businesses more sustainable.