This document presents the members of the United Nations Peacebuilding Commission. Assembled at United Nations Headquarters in New York on 26 September 2013, under the chairmanship of Her Excellency Vesna Pusi?, First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Foreign and European Affairs of the Republic of Croatia, to reaffirm the important role of women in the prevention and resolution of conflicts and in peacebuilding, as outlined in Security Council resolution 1325 (2000) on women, peace and security; and to affirm our commitment to promote the economic empowerment of women for peacebuilding.
- Under the chairmanship of Vesna PusiÃ„â€¡, Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of the Republic of Croatia, the United Nations Peacebuilding Commission met to recognize and reinforce womenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s roles post-conflict. The meeting focused on womenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s economic and peacebuilding impacts by recognizing 14 key initiatives.
- Some of these initiatives included:
- Calling on nations to reaffirm their priorities in post-conflict rebuilding scenarios and to do so with sustainable models in mind
- To emphasize gender equality in all processes of peacebuilding
- To understand and reinforce womenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s economic empowerment towards sustainable growth
- To recognize and address discrimination against women and girls
- To identify and condemn sexual violence in conflict
- For other Member States to follow and request further measures for womenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s rights and livelihoods
- To recognize and work towards the financial literacy of girls and women