R. Michael Alvarez of the California Institute of Technology and Jonathan Nagler of NYU analyze the likely impact of Election Day Registration on voter turnout in New Mexico. Among the findings:
- Overall turnout could go up by 5.6 percent.
- Turnout among those aged 18 to 25 could increase by 10.2 percent.
- Turnout for those who have moved in the last six months could increase by 9.0 percent.
- Turnout among Latinos could increase by 6.4 percent.
- Turnout among the poorest citizens could increase by 6.3 percent.
- Turnout among the wealthiest citizens would likely increase by 3.2 percent.