Chapter 5.2 provides information about various demographic characteristics that clients provided about themselves and their households, including:
- Demographic profiles of the client households served by the Feeding America National, and;
- Statistics about adult clients who visit Feeding America emergency food programs.
- The average household has 2.7 members.
- 36.0% of the households have an employed adult.
- 18.6% of the client households have one or more children age to 5 years.
- 60.8% of the adult clients visiting emergency food programs are women.
- 89.1% are U.S. citizens.
- 65.7% are high school graduates.
- 20.0% are currently working.
(Excerpted from Hunger in America 2010.)