In the special report Foundation Giving for Nonprofit and Philanthropic Infrastructure 2004-2012, Foundation Center presents the first-ever analysis of U.S. foundation support globally for nonprofit and philanthropic infrastructure organizations and services. This analysis spans nine years of funding, encompassing 717 different funders and 12,200 grants. It finds that a set of the largest U.S. foundations provided $134 million in support for nonprofit and philanthropic infrastructure organizations, networks, and services in 2012; since 2004, their support has totaled more than $1 billion. About 41% of this giving funded philanthropy-specific organizations and networks -- from the Mexican Center for Philanthropy to Grantmakers for Effective Organizations. The other 59% targeted a range of organizations and activities -- from funding nonprofit-related research at major universities and think tanks to providing operating and project support to Foundation Center. This special report was created with funding from the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation.