Although large foundations may have established "professional" HR functions, the integrated approach used in many foundations often means that there may not be an "HR specialist" on staff. This workbook is geared toward all those who have an interest in the way people performance can be maximised in support of their foundation's performance. It provides:
- A basic framework for strategic people practices: What it is and why it's important.
- Ideas on how to put people management and HR strategies into practice within a foundation.
- A tool to help identify which people management activities are working well and how to build on the organisation's achievements to increase the contribution people make to the organisation as a whole - this will also help to envisage what else can be done to support the transition process for a foundation that needs to change and develop.
- Some proven insights for a better understanding of the dynamic process of human and organisational development and the role of leadership in foundations.
It can help your foundation:
- Review the way people management can add value to the foundation, both now and in the future.
- Identify internal factors and opportunities for HR to further support and manage organisational performance.
- Establish a framework for supporting organisational transition and development through effective people management activities.
- Ensure clarity about the people management issues that affect the organisation's performance.
- Develop sustainable yet flexible people management practices appropriate to a foundation.