Welcome to the GEO-6 regional assessment for Asia and the Pacific, through which the UNEP Secretariat and authors provide an objective evaluation and analysis of the state, trends and outlooks of the environment in the region in order to support environmental decision making. In this assessment, the judgement of experts is applied to existing knowledge to provide scientifically credible answers to policy-relevant questions. These questions include, but are not limited to:
- What is happening to the environment in Asia and the
- Pacific and why?
- What are the consequences for the environment and the
- human population of Asia and the Pacific?
- What is being done and how effective is it?
- What are the prospects for the environment in the future?
- What action could be taken to achieve a more sustainable future?