Welcome to the GEO-6 Regional Assessment for Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). This assessment provides an objective evaluation and analysis designed to support environmental decision making. Existing knowledge has been assessed to provide scientifically credible answers to policy-relevant questions (UNEP 2015). These questions include, but are not limited to:
* What is happening to the environment in Latin America and the Caribbean and why?
* What are the consequences for the environment and the human population of Latin America and the Caribbean?
* What is being done and how effective is it?
* What are the prospects for the environment in the future?
* What actions could be taken to achieve a more sustainable future?