The Kenneth Rainin Foundation recently received the results of our very first Grantee Perception Survey, conducted on our behalf by the Center for Effective Philanthropy, to evaluate how we are doing. We are thrilled by the overwhelmingly positive scores we received. This is a very proud moment for us, individually and collectively. As a young foundation, we are heartened to hear that we are serving our grantees so well. Highlights from our report follow.
Highlights from our Grantee Perception Report
We received higher than typical ratings for funder-grantee relationships and ranked in the top 85% of funders for all aspects of work in grantee fields, including:
- Impact on and understanding of grantee fields.
- Advancement of knowledge in grantee fields.
- Effect on public policy.
Overall the survey results were very informative, and have helped us recalibrate how we work and communicate. In the near future, grantees can expect:
- Program specific e-newsletters and blogs that share updates from staff and perspectives.
- Implementation of a new grants management system to make the application and reporting processes clear and efficient.
- Reorganization and revision of website content to better articulate opportunities for partnership, clarify our grantmaking and make it easier to find information.
- Contact from program staff during the grant term.
- Possible changes to how program areas approach operational support.