America Forward, a network of over 70 of America's most innovative and results-oriented organizations, released a new Presidential briefing book. It contains fresh and disruptive ideas for policymakers and the current slate of presidential candidates who aspire to unlock the potential of all Americans.
The platform focuses on five areas in which they urge policymakers and candidates to take action:
- We need government that works to catalyze community-led problem solving by investing in innovation, data, technology and cross-sector collaboration.
- We need an education system oriented to the future, rather than one rooted in the past.
- We need more pathways to a marketable postsecondary credential, so that our students can compete in today's global economy.
- We need to focus on connecting every young adult to a "first job" that can completely change their lives.
- We need to do better providing second chances to people who are incarcerated, homeless, or suffering from substance abuse and mental health problems.