The focus of this study is to examine:
* who mobile donors are by obtaining basic demographics;
* whether donation via text impacts the likelihood of donation through other channels or the amount given
through other channels;
* donor reoccurrence and retention rates;
* preferred subscriber communication content;
* source of donor awareness of text donation campaigns; and
* what dollar amount donors are comfortable with donating via text.
Email and text messages were sent to 993,672 text donors between April 23 and May 1, 2012. An email invitation to complete the survey was sent to mobile donors on April 23 (Day 1), and text messages were sent to a subset of 44,164 on April 30 and May 1 (Days eight and nine). The survey remained open for 30 days with an end date of May 22. A total of 20,445 responses were received, amounting to a 2% response yield.