Outlines fifteen key elements that educators can use to develop an effective adolescent literacy intervention program. Focuses on elements of interventions that are most promising for students that struggle with reading and writing after third grade.
- Observation: Literacy program creators should implement a blend of the Fifteen Elements of Effective Adolescent Literacy Programs.
- Observation: Literacy program creators should experiment and test different combinations of the Fifteen Elements.
- Observation: All literacy programs should include professional development, formative assessment, and summative assessment.
- Observation: Continued research into literary programs and what works is necessary to improve student's success.
- Observation: Literacy programs should be developed and implemented with comparative evaluation to other programs in mind.