This document presents results from Indego Africa's 6th annual social impact assessment. Each year, Indego Africa compiles developmental data on its artisan partners. Indego Africa (indegoafrica.org) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that empowers socially and economically marginalized female artisans in Rwanda through market access and education. Indego Africa interviewed 162 women from 10 partner cooperatives, three of which were new participants in the survey.
- 98% of our artisan partners reported that producing Indego Africa products helped them improve and learn new technical skills.
- 69% of our artisan partners made over $1.50 a day, of these women 58% made over $2 per day.
- 54% participated in a business outside of their cooperative, of these 63% started their business since partnering with Indego Africa.
- 93% of women who did not participate in a business outside their cooperative aspire to start one.
- 90% of our artisan partners reported they earned enough to afford medical insurance.
- 60% of our artisan partners play leadership roles in their communities and co-ops.
- 53% of our artisan partners reported that their health was better than last year.