Current research confirms that children and families benefit when families are involved in a child's early learning, both inside the classroom and at home. However, getting involved can be a daunting task for many family members, especially those with limited English and experience with U.S. schools.
In this webinar, presenters share a research-based framework for family engagement, discuss what young English learner students need to learn and be able to do, and detail promising practices for actively engaging families in this effort.
Who Will Benefit
- Early childhood education and kindergarten teachers
- Administrators working with young English learner students and their families
What You Will Learn
- The foundations of effective partnerships between school and home that enhance the learning and language development of the child
- Progressions of age-appropriate linguistic and academic milestones students will need to succeed in school
- Successful outreach efforts to engage families in learning and supporting the skills necessary to succeed in school