This study offers a countywide framework for understanding the key transit-oriented investments as well as the current TOD implementation system, including activities needed, actors involved and funding sources available to identify key policy changes or other activities that can help expand resources. Key recommendations of the study include:
- Modify transit station design and system operations, such as improved station access and system visibility and wayfinding, to be more consumer-friendly and support TOD;
- Address gaps in funding availability for small- to mid-size infrastructure improvements;
- Offer a consistent source of funds for station area visioning and planning;
- Build implementation capacity of agencies and community groups in typology-identified priority station areas;
- Integrate the typology approach into regional and corridor sustainability and revitalization efforts;
- Pursue regulatory changes, such as zoning, to support TOD and transit use near central destinations;
- Create a short-term work plan identifying key actions for typology implementation.