Chapter 7.4 presents data on other federal nutrition or child care programs that Feeding America clients report using.
- Among all client households, 27.0% participate in Government Mass Distribution programs or TEFAP.
- Among the households with at least one child younger than age 18, 61.9% and 53.6% benefit from the school lunch and the school breakfast program, respectively.
- Among the households with at least one senior member 65 or older, 16.5% use senior nutrition sites.
- 21.5% of clients served at programs in central cities participate in the Government Mass Distribution Program or TEFAP. This compares to 44.6% of clients served at programs in nonmetropolitan areas.
- Among all households with at least one child younger than 18, 47.0% said they did not know about the summer food program.
(Excerpted from Hunger in America 2010.)