This reports discusses the work, strategies, and continuing challenges the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) has done and faced towards achieving water for all.
- According to the UN, the water crisis stems from poverty, inequality, and an imbalance of power.
- Sustainable services can only be guaranteed in interaction with federal authorities and water utilities.
- Many countries have to fundamentally reform their water sectors if they want to manage and use water resources efficiently.
- Integrated water resources management is internationally considered to be a model for the water sector and serves as the basis for all of GIZ's water projects.
- The water sector must adapt to climate change in order to ensure that the global population will be provided with water, hydropower, and food in the future.