Documents the experiences, thoughts, and opinions of leaders in the youth engagement field, and illustrates how young people can be effectively involved in philanthropy.
- Bringing youth from various communities together creates positive working relations and an awareness of the benefits of working together.
- Fresh ideas, community experience, and dedication of youth make them positive change agents and the next generation of leaders for the community.
- YouthsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ work with communities other than their own builds teamwork and assists in problem solving, but most importantly, encourages the participants to learn, understand, and accept one anotherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s cultures.
- Schools can be the ideal institution to find participants for youth engagement programs and to serve as partners in this work. Such a collaboration takes time and effort, however, once a partnership between schools and youth engagement organizations is formed, a very positive impact can be made.
- A critique of adult-youth collaborations cited by several respondents was that, oftentimes, adult organizations establish a youth advisory committee simply for the positive recognition associated with doing so and not for the contribution and special opportunity youth involvement may present.